Saturday 17 May 2014

Praise Buckets



When people are kind to me
It takes me by surprise
Because people do so often
Like to criticise
They like to gossip all the time
And to talk behind my back
They should say it to my face
But with a little care and tact

When people are nice to me
It brightens up my day
Tell me why are kind words
so difficult to say?
They like to pick and snarl and snap
Through Gritted teeth they smile
I wonder whatever happened to that extra mile

For everyone carries praise buckets
Imaginary buckets of praise
Filling them with positives
That people add over days
But it only takes one harsh word
That causes hurt and pain
Knocking my buckets, spilling the praise,
And I have to start again



Everyone must remember that...
Harsh words can deflate 
Kind words can motivate

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely inspired and inspiring! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, your kind words have made my day and filled my praise buckets.

      Delete